SILVERSEA'S HEALTHY RETURN TO SAILING
SILVER ENDEAVOUR SHAKEDOWN
Your upcoming voyage is fast approaching, and we wanted to take the opportunity to update you on what your cruise experience will be like.
Whilst our top priority has always been to safeguard your health and safety, please rest assured that we have worked hard to retain and enrich the exceptional onboard service, the unforgettable experiences, and the immersive nature of our voyages that you have come to expect when travelling with Silversea Cruises.
As your voyage will be embarking in or travelling through Chile and Antarctica, we are writing today to share the entry, embarkation, and vaccination requirements to help guide you in your travel preparations.
With the uncertainty surrounding current travel regulations, this information might evolve by the time of your voyage, and it may change based on the cruising region of a particular itinerary. Please know that local regulations may require more stringent protocols (e.g. masks may be mandatory), in which case Silversea will comply with all local requirements and guidelines.
Whilst Silversea will facilitate entry into each port of call during each voyage, guests are responsible for complying with entry requirements for the Country of embarkation and the travel requirements affecting their return journeys.
Please make sure to contact your travel professional prior to departure to understand if new information is available. It is each guest's responsibility to know and understand the protocols for each of the countries on their itinerary, including isolation and quarantine protocols.
VACCINATION & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All guests are kindly asked to ensure they comply with the country-specific entry requirements for the country from which their ship/cruise begins. For Chile entry requirements, please click here.
To embark a Silversea vessel, all guests aged 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks before embarking on the vessel. Guests must bring proof of vaccination or boarding will be denied.
PRE-EMBARKATION TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Guests embarking on a Silversea vessel who are fully vaccinated or up-to-date are no longer required to present a negative PCR or Antigen test.
Guests who are fully vaccinated or up-to-date must bring their proof of vaccination to the ship. Guests who do not present their proof of vaccination will be denied boarding.
PRE-CRUISE JOURNEY IN SANTIAGO
• Guests will be greeted by a Silversea representative who will collect their luggage. Guests will be transferred to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Santiago in private or shared vehicles.
• All guests will be appointed a hotel room and their luggage will be delivered to their room.
EMBARKATION WILL BE DENIED TO GUESTS WHO:
They are unable to provide proof of full vaccination, as per requirement stated here.
• We deem, in our sole discretion, that they are a close contact of any guest exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and if they test positive.
All positive cases and their travelling parties will be managed on a one-by-one basis with the local health authorities. This will be in accordance to the measures, which, depending on the case, might vary from self-isolation to hospitalization.
In cases of denied boarding for COVID-19 reasons our Silver Care team is at your disposal and can be reached at email@example.com; or: +1 954 713 40 50.
In case boarding is denied, our team will arrange the necessary isolation requirements followed by repatriation in cooperation with local authorities. For further information on our Covid-19 protection policy, please click here
FLIGHT TO PUERTO WILLIAMS
On the morning of embarkation, guests will be transferred from the Mandarin Oriental Hotel to a private terminal in Santiago airport for boarding of a 4-hour charter flight to Puerto Williams (PWC).
Guests will enjoy special security procedures, and fast-tracked, staggered boarding at the airport. Guests may have to comply with local health and safety measures, which may include the wearing of a face mask at all times during the journey, at the airport, and on the plane.
ENHANCED ONBOARD SAFETY DRILL
We have designed an enhanced, staggered group safety drill that will be completed in two phases to ensure physical distancing and to reduce the drill's duration.
- The safety drill's first phase must now be completed by viewing and acknowledging the safety drill video on the 'My Cruise' app or on your in-suite TV. This first step must be completed upon arrival in your suite to enable you to be pre-assigned to a group, time slot, and muster station for phase two of the drill.
- The second phase will be performed from a minimum of one to a maximum of three groups in our dedicated muster stations to ensure physical distancing.
PEACE OF MIND WHILST ON BOARD
As part of our commitment to safeguarding your health and safety, we have implemented science-backed protocols on board with which you will be required to comply.
- Physical distancing: Physical distancing among guests will no longer be required; although our crew will maintain this practice.
Masks: The wearing of masks during the cruise will be at each guest's discretion, with the exception of the Explorer’s lounge, and during muster drills where masks remain mandatory. Masks are highly recommended inside shore excursion buses unless there is a local requirement that makes them mandatory. Your clients' may be required to wear them at indoor venues. Whilst we recognise that the wearing of a mask is a personal choice, we do strongly encourage our guests to wear a mask whilst indoors aboard ship, other than when actively eating or drinking, or when in the privacy of their suite. Note that the Staff and Crew aboard all our ships will continue to wear masks for the foreseeable future.
- Hand sanitising: For your comfort and safety, you will be required to engage in frequent handwashing. We will provide you with a luxury portable sanitisation kit, which will include a hospital-grade hand sanitiser. We have placed hand-sanitising stations in prominent, easily accessible, strategic points throughout the ship.
- COVID-19 Symptoms: In case you develop COVID-19 symptoms while on board, you should immediately notify the nearest member of onboard personnel. Contact numbers for the Medical Centre are also available on your suite's TV and in the Chronicles. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, shortness of breath, sudden onset of ageusia (loss of sense of taste), dysgeusia (altered sense of taste), or anosmia (loss of sense to smell). Additional less specific symptoms may include headache, chills, muscle pain, fatigue, vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
- To enable the suite cleaning and sanitisation processes to be completed, you will be required to leave your suite at 8am. You are invited to enjoy breakfast or venture ashore — on one of our shore excursions —whilst waiting to re-enter your suite.
- Silversea may provide an additional test, if required
DISEMBARKATION DAY AND RETURN HOME
On the day of disembarkation, guests will begin disembarking at 7:30 AM and will be transferred to the airport for their return flight.
RE-ENTRY TESTING REQUIREMENTS
It is each guest’s responsibility to know and understand their home country’s re-entry requirements before disembarking the vessel.
For your convenience, we offer the following optional service:
- Monitored Self-Test Kit – Abbott Binaxnow™ COVID-19 AG Card. The Optum COVID-19 Ag Card Home test allows you to complete your post-cruise testing onboard, or any place of your choosing, with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Testing Guide. We recommend that you order the kit/s at least one full week in advance of your sailing. Your results are typically ready in about 15 minutes. To order, please click here.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms after disembarking the ship, you should self-isolate and seek immediate medical care, sharing your travel history with the health care provider and a Silversea representative.