20 MAIDEN CALLS AND A WEALTH OF NEW DEEP TRAVEL EXPERIENCES
(Monaco – May 7, 2019) Silversea Cruises today opens general sales on 54 remarkable new itineraries for winter 2020/2021. Offering guests an increased range of unique destinations for the winter season, the new collection of voyages will include 20 maiden calls. It incorporates unforgettable experiences in the Caribbean, Asia, Australia & New Zealand, and South America, enriching the cruise line’s industry-leading pole-to-pole offering.
Comprising the winter of Silver Muse, Silver Whisper, Silver Shadow, Silver Spirit and Silver Moon – an ultra-luxury sister ship to Silver Muse, due to join the fleet in August 2020 – the new collection of voyages will showcase both iconic and rare experiences the Caribbean, springtime in Asia, and the best of both Australia and South America on respective circumnavigations, among other remarkable experiences. Simplifying guests’ journeys, travellers will enjoy complimentary round-trip economy class flights, or business class upgrades starting from USD 199 per leg, and transfers on virtually all voyages in the new collection (exceptions and market-specific conditions may apply).
“Feedback on our new winter 2020/2021 voyages has been exceptional,” says Barbara Muckermann, Silversea’s Chief Marketing Officer. “Once again, we have pushed boundaries to unlock unique travel experiences for our guests, in the world’s most amazing destinations. From iconic to exclusive, intrepid to relaxed, the range of experiences on offer with Silversea perfectly caters for the discerning tastes of our distinguished guests.”
A combined total of 26 voyages aboard Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper and Silver Moon will enable guests to form meaningful connections with 46 destinations in the Caribbean throughout the winter season. In addition to many quintessential experiences—such as immersive journeys into the rainforests of St. Lucia, opportunities to explore the chic boutiques of St. Barth, and tranquil moments spent in the Spanish-tiled courtyards of San Juan—Silversea’s guests will discover more intimate, lesser-visited ports, such as Jost Van Dyke, Bequia, and Mayreau. For guests’ convenience, many Caribbean voyages will depart and/or culminate in Fort Lauderdale. A sample itinerary from the new Caribbean voyages on offer includes:
· Fort Lauderdale to Bridgetown: Silversea’s Silver Whisper will depart Fort Lauderdale on November 10, 2020, on a 10-day voyage to Bridgetown, Barbados. Guests will journey to San Juan, Jost Van Dyke, St. John’s, Fort-de-France, Mayreau, St. George’s, and Bequia, before arriving in Bridgetown on November 20, 2020. A rich variety of immersive shore experiences in each destination will complement Silversea’s trademark level of luxury on board to make for a unique voyage.
In Asia, Silver Muse and Silver Spirit will unlock 58 spectacular destinations in 18 countries for guests, with each ship completing seven voyages between September 2020 and May 2021. In addition to calls in the major ports of Mumbai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo, the new collection’s Asian highlights include multiple overnights calls in various Vietnam destinations and roundtrip voyages from Tokyo during the cherry
blossom season. Guests will dive deep into the enchanting cultures of Asia through immersive shore experiences and various onboard enrichments, as they travel in superlative comfort. Among the new voyages on offer in Asia is the following sample itinerary:
· Tokyo to Tokyo: completing a 15-day circumnavigation of Japan’s largest island, Honshu, Silver Muse will depart Tokyo on April 5, 2021. Aboard the cruise line’s flagship, Silversea’s guests will journey closer to the authentic beauty of Asia, calling at Shimizu; Kobe, on an overnight call; and Hiroshima; before reaching Yeosu in South Korea. Subsequently, travellers will explore Kanazawa, Niigata, Akita, Aomori, and Hakodate, ahead of arriving in Tokyo on April 19, 2021.
Enjoying the best service at sea, guests will be able to sail to a total of 49 destinations in eight countries in and around Australia and New Zealand, between October 2020 and March 2021. By combining three voyages—Sydney to Fremantle (Perth), Fremantle (Perth) to Bali, and Bali to
Sydney—travellers will be able to complete a 50-day circumnavigation of Australia aboard Silver Muse, discovering the delights of Australia, New
Zealand and Indonesia in the process. Additionally, iconic destinations in Australia and New Zealand, as well as a number of alluring Pacific Islands, will be showcased on a selection of Sydney-to-Auckland voyages from December 2020 to February 2021. The new collection includes the following sample voyage:
· Sydney to Auckland: between December 20, 2020, and January 5, 2021, Silver Muse will take guests closer to the region’s remarkable beauty, on an incredible 16-day voyage between Sydney and Auckland. After calling at Melbourne, guests will travel to Burnie in Tasmania, ahead of crossing to cruise New Zealand’s Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, and Dusky Sounds—among the most naturally beautiful destinations in the world. Next come Port Chalmers (Dunedin), Akaroa, Kaikoura, Wellington, Gisborne, Tauranga, before guests discover the vibrant city of Auckland on an overnight call.
In her inaugural season in the region, Silver Moon will journey throughout Central and South America between January and April, 2021, enabling guests to discover 55 destinations in 27 countries. S.A.L.T., Silversea’s pioneering new culinary concept, will enrich guests’ experience aboard Silver Moon, enabling travellers to form meaningful connections with visited destinations through unique culinary experiences. Aboard Silversea’s newest flagship, guests will be able to complete an incredible circumnavigation of South America over 69 days, when combining four voyages:
· Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale (four voyages): The first segment of this unique experience will see Silversea’s guests travel from Fort Lauderdale to Callao, departing January 7, 2021, calling at Cozumel, Quintana Roo; Belize City; Roatan Island; Puerto Limón; San Blas Islands; and a transit of the famous Panama Canal. Subsequent overnights in Fuerte Amador (Panama City) and Guayaquil will precede a call in Salaverry, before Silver Moon reaches Callao (Lima). The second voyage, a 22-day route from Callao to Buenos Aires, will enable guests to travel deeper into the majestic Chilean Fjords and Ushuaia, among other alluring destinations, before setting sail for Argentina’s capital city. Travellers on the third voyage will explore destinations in Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil ahead of arriving in Rio de Janeiro. Concluding the roundtrip circumnavigation, Silver Moon will unlock various experiences for guests in Brazil, French Guiana, Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda, French West Indies, and Puerto Rico, prior to reaching Fort Lauderdale on March 17, 2021.
With an onboard offering that has been enriched with unprecedented levels of luxury by Silversea’s ongoing Project Invictus, Silversea’s guests cruise in superlative comfort: ocean-view suites, sumptuous cuisine that adapts according to the sailed region, and the personalised service of a butler are just a few standout features. Enhancing the experience are such all-inclusive amenities as complimentary premium wines and spirits, speciality coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks served throughout the ship; an in-suite bar, stocked with guests' preferences; an in-suite 24-hour dining service; and unlimited complimentary Wi-Fi.
In addition to the inclusive air programme, travellers can benefit from a 10% early booking bonus, while loyal guests of Silversea’s Venetian Society will also enjoy customary benefits. More information is available on www.silversea.com.
Please note: All itineraries are subject to change based on a variety of external factors.
View the new winter 2021/2021 itineraries: https://www.silversea.com/lp-winter-itineraries-2020-2021.html
View and download related media: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x9nu9v3ulmwi19l/AAAXwO7eTuZ4Gl7-mxhRna6Fa?dl=0
Silversea Cruises, in which Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio serves as Executive Chairman, is recognised as an innovator in the ultra-luxury cruise line industry, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse – all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the inclusion of the expedition ships Silver Explorer, Silver Galapagos, Silver Discoverer, and with Silver Cloud recently joining the Expedition fleet, Silversea's itineraries encompass all seven continents and feature worldwide luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, both Polar Regions and hundreds of fascinating destinations in between. Silversea is also looking forward to the launch of five new ultra-luxury ships Silver Moon, Silver Dawn, Silver Origin, and two Evolution-class ships. Browse Silversea's new blog Discover and subscribe to receive the latest content directly into your inbox.
View Silversea’s Media Kit
Recent News from Silversea:
· Silversea Cruises Opens Exclusive Pre-Sale on Groundbreaking New Winter 2020/2021 Voyages
Silversea Cruises announces 54 new winter 2020/2021 voyages and opens an exclusive pre-sale for its Venetian Society members. The remarkable range of voyages will unlock more immersive experiences for the cruise line’s guests, with an increased number of unique ports for the winter season and 20 maiden calls. Silversea’s team of destination experts has crafted the voyages to incorporate both iconic and rare travel experiences, enabling guests to travel deeper into the authentic beauty of the world in luxury.
· New S.A.L.T. Programme Set to Revolutionise Culinary Travel for Silversea's Guests on Silver Moon
Silversea’s new culinary programme, S.A.L.T. (Sea and Land Taste), is set to revolutionise culinary travel for the cruise line’s guests, when it launches with new ship Silver Moon in August 2020. The pioneering concept will enable travellers to use food to dive deep into the world’s richest cultures, to truly understand the soul of a destination.
· Silversea Unveils the Most Elegant Ship Ever to Sail the Galapagos
Silversea unveils new details of Silver Origin, the cruise line’s first ever destination-specific ship, which will unlock deep travel experiences for guests in the Galapagos Islands from the summer of 2020. One of the most environmentally friendly cruise ships ever and designed entirely with these unique islands in mind, Silver Origin will combine Silversea’s local destination expertise with the cruise line’s trademark level of luxury to offer guests the ultimate destination experience.