(Miami, FL -- October 23, 2018) Silversea Cruises will raise the curtain on six entirely new theatrical performances over the coming months. Developed in partnership with renowned Luna Rossa Productions, the new shows will be performed in the theatres aboard the cruise line’s ultra-luxury ships and will enrich the existing onboard entertainment programme.
Featuring high-quality musical tracks, vivacious costumes, evocative set designs, and elaborate visual effects, the performances will spotlight the talents of The Voices of Silversea, an international ensemble of accomplished vocalists.
Each of the new shows will be exclusive to a particular ship, adding to three productions that are common to all ships: the new signature production, Grande Amore, an opera-themed show that features musical tracks composed exclusively for Silversea by world-leading conductor, orchestrator and arranger, Richard Balcombe, and recorded by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra; Argento, an art deco-inspired production dedicated to the swing era; and Blues Brother Soul Sister, a musical experience that captures the funky vibe of the 1960s and 1970s.
In addition to Grande Amore, the new shows will include:
• The King on Strings, an exciting tribute to the legendary Elvis Presley, will premiere on Silver Whisper's Fort Lauderdale-to-San Francisco voyage, which departs December 20, 2018. This sophisticated celebration of the hip-swiveling King of Rock and Roll features orchestral interpretations of such classics as ‘It's Now or Never,’ ‘Blue Suede Shoes,’ ‘Can't Help Falling in Love,’ and many more.
• Silver, Platinum, Gold, set to debut aboard Silver Shadow in the Far East from February 1, 2019, is a fun journey back to the age of Motown. Singers dressed in sparkling costumes from the era, a live DJ, and feel-good, nostalgic hits from artists including Marvin Gaye, The Temptations and The Supremes will have the audience grooving to some of music's most memorable decades.
• Rhapsody in Rock honors Queen, one of the most popular rock bands of the '70s. Launching aboard Silver Muse's Far East sailings from March 8, 2019, this energetic, hard rock-inspired production will entertain guests with a selection of the British band's most iconic hits, including ‘We Are the Champions,’ ‘We Will Rock You’ and ‘Bohemian Rhapsody.’
• Lyrically Yours will take to the stage aboard Silver Spirit's Mediterranean cruise from April 15, 2019. The eclectic show, inspired by Rolling Stone magazine's list of the greatest songwriters of all time, showcases the music of some of the world's most beloved lyricists, from John Lennon and Paul McCartney, Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan to Abba and James Taylor.
• Jersey Beats will debut aboard the May 30, 2019, sailing of Silver Wind in Northern Europe. It will take a nostalgic tour through the hit songs of The Four Seasons, the '60s pop group immortalized in the Tony Award-winning musical Jersey Boys and the Hollywood movie of the same name. Known for their distinctive style of harmony, the group entertained the world with such sing-along hits as ‘Can't Take My Eyes Off You,’ ‘Sherry,’ ‘Walk Like a Man,’ ‘Big Girls Don't Cry,’ and more.
"With this entertaining collection of new shows, developed in partnership with Luna Rossa Productions, our guests will enjoy beautifully staged live vocal performances of some of the world's most celebrated music," said Antonio Marangi, Silversea's Director of Entertainment. "From the emotion of the blues and opera to the uplifting rhythms of swing and rock and roll, our full line-up of production shows is carefully designed to connect with the audience on many levels, enriching the cruise experience immensely."
“It has been a pleasure to work with Silversea Cruises to compose a unique soundtrack for Grande Amore,” says Richard Balcombe, Conductor, Orchestrator and Arranger. “The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra – renowned as probably the world's greatest symphony orchestra – has recorded the musical accompaniment exclusively for this production, which is special indeed. I’m sure Silversea’s guests will enjoy the experience enormously.”
Download related images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w93psidgjrihmsr/AACc28yBSkVzyeE18GelXzzAa?dl=0
Silversea Cruises, in which Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio serves as Executive Chairman, is recognized as an innovator in the ultra-luxury cruise line industry, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse – all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the inclusion of the expedition ships Silver Explorer, Silver Galapagos, Silver Discoverer, and with Silver Cloud recently joining the Expedition fleet, Silversea's itineraries encompass all seven continents and feature worldwide luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, both Polar Regions and hundreds of fascinating destinations in between. Silversea is also looking forward to the launch of five new ultra-luxury ships. Browse Silversea's new blog Discover and subscribe to receive the latest content directly into your inbox.
Recent News from Silversea:
• Silversea Cruises Announces Momentous Program of Voyages to Cuba
Ultra-luxury cruise leader Silversea has launched a new collection of voyages to Cuba, enabling guests of all nationalities to discover the remarkable destination. Departing for Cuba from the United States for the first time in the cruise line’s history, the 17 voyages will unlock authentic experiences for Silversea’s guests, showcasing the best of the country through immersive land excursions in various destinations.
• Silversea Cruises Orders Three New Ships
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) and Silversea Cruises today announced agreements to build three new ships for Silversea Cruises, the ultra-luxury and expedition cruise brand that recently joined the RCL family.
• Silversea Opens Bookings on New Summer 2020 Itineraries with Flights & Transfers Included as Standard
Silversea Cruises opens bookings to the general public for 191 remarkable new voyages, which will unlock 572 destinations in 84 countries from summer 2020 into winter 2021. Complimentary air and transfers will be included on virtually all of the newly announced itineraries, while a number of other highlights will enable Silversea’s guests to travel deeper like never before.