(Miami, FL -- November 19, 2019) Leading ultra-luxury cruise line Silversea Cruises has unveiled an enticing new offer that will unlock Peru’s Machu Picchu in ultimate comfort and for less. Travelers will save $500 on four-night land experiences, which have been carefully curated by the cruise line’s destination experts to extend two Silver Moon voyages departing in 2020.
Deeply moving and mysterious, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is one of South America's most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, the mist-shrouded ancient ruins, which sprawl across a 7,000-foot-tall mountaintop of lush vegetation, offer travelers an enriching adventure into Peru's cultured history.
Machu Picchu Savings Offer
For new bookings made before November 30, 2019, guests traveling on Silver Moon's November 23 or December 8, 2020, voyages can enjoy a $500 per-person savings on the Machu Picchu Explorer land program. With the savings offer, the price for the fully inclusive land experience is $1,699 per person, based on double occupancy.
The Land Experience: Machu Picchu Explorer
This four-night land program is available as a pre- or post-cruise extension on select Silver Moon voyages. From Lima, Silversea’s guests will take a scheduled flight to the historic city of Cusco, nestled high up in the Andes. From here, they will enjoy two days of discovery in the Sacred Valley, from which they will travel by train to Machu Picchu. Highlights of the immersive experience include:
• Marvel at stunning landscapes and learn about the traditional culture of the Sacred Valley on a motor coach tour to the rustic village of Chinchero. Once a major agricultural hub of the Inca Empire, today it is renowned for its colorful woven textiles.
• On your second day in the Sacred Valley, witness massive Inca ruins surrounding the picturesque town of Ollantaytambo, where you'll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, followed by a Peruvian Paso horse show.
• Embark on a scenic rail journey of about two hours to Machu Picchu, aboard PeruRail's Vistadome train. Relax as the train passes through the spectacular scenery of the Urubamba Valley. The trip ends at the Aguas Calientes station at the foot of Machu Picchu.
• Discover the famous Lost City of the Incas with the insights and local perspective of an expert guide, before strolling through the wonders of this ancient citadel on your own. Feel its pulse while visualizing the lives of the priests, craftsmen, and servants who lived in this incredible site.
• Unlock the colonial charm and indigenous culture of Cusco on a motor coach tour that includes a visit to Coricancha, or Temple of the Sun—a showpiece of the city's Inca and colonial history.
• Accommodation at deluxe hotels
• Economy class flights: Lima-Cusco-Lima
• Daily breakfast, plus three lunches and three dinners
• PeruRail Vistadome journey to and from Machu Picchu
• Guided tour of Machu Picchu
• Transfers between airport and hotels in air-conditioned vehicles
"Our four-night Machu Picchu land program takes guests deep into the heart and culture of Peru, capturing the essence of this ancient destination," said Barbara Muckermann, Silversea's Chief Marketing Officer. "For those planning to visit Machu Picchu, this special savings offer is the perfect opportunity to immerse oneself into its charms, under the knowledgeable guidance of local guides. Our expertly designed land experiences combine perfectly with Silver Moon’s itineraries to offer a truly seamless experience."
The Machu Picchu Explorer program is available on the following 15-day Silver Moon voyages:
• Departing November 23, 2020 - Fort Lauderdale to Lima (Callao): Featuring a transit of the Panama Canal, this remarkable voyage calls in Willemstad, Curaçao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Cartagena, Colombia; the San Blas Islands; Panama City on an overnight call (Fuerte Amador), Panama; Manta, Ecuador; and Salaverry and Lima (Callao), Peru. Early Booking Bonus fares start from $7,290 per person.
• Departing December 8, 2020 - Lima (Callao) to Fort Lauderdale: Featuring a transit of the Panama Canal, the voyage offers guests an overnight call in Lima (Callao), before calling in Salaverry, Peru; Manta, Ecuador; Panama City on an overnight call (Fuerte Amador); Puerto Limón, Costa Rica; Roatan Island, Honduras; Santo Tomás, Guatemala; Belize City, Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico. Early Booking Bonus fares start from $6,480 per person.
Guests who book by November 30, 2019, may take advantage of an exclusive South America Air Offer to enjoy free economy roundtrip air, or reduced business class air, for flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways, plus free transfers between airport and ship.
Introducing Silver Moon
Guests can fully connect with the people, culture, history and cuisine of each destination as they enjoy the luxurious onboard amenities of Silversea's new ultra-luxury ship, Silver Moon. Scheduled for delivery in August 2020, Silver Moon will build on the success of her sister ship, Silver Muse, to establish a new era of Silversea. At 40,700 gross tons and with a guest capacity of 596, Silver Moon will maintain the small-ship intimacy and spacious all-suite accommodations which are the hallmarks of the Silversea experience. Silver Moon will also feature the all-new Sea and Land Taste program (S.A.L.T.) – a pioneering new culinary program that will enable guests to travel deeper through a range of destination-based gastronomic experiences.
For more information on the Machu Picchu Explorer land programs, please visit:
• Four-Night, Post-Cruise Machu Picchu Explorer: https://www.silversea.com/destinations/south-america-cruise/fort-lauderdale-to-callao-mo201123015.html#lb-prePost-10017903
• Four-Night, Pre-Cruise Machu Picchu Explorer: https://www.silversea.com/destinations/south-america-cruise/callao-to-fort-lauderdale-mo201208015.html#lb-prePost-10017902
For full terms & conditions, please visit: https://www.silversea.com/terms-and-conditions.html
Silversea Cruises, in which Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio serves as Executive Chairman, is recognized as an innovator in the ultra-luxury cruise line industry, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse – all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the inclusion of the expedition ships Silver Explorer, Silver Galapagos, and Silver Cloud, Silversea's itineraries encompass all seven continents and feature worldwide luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, both Polar Regions and hundreds of fascinating destinations in between. Silversea is also looking forward to the launch of five new ultra-luxury ships: Silver Moon, Silver Dawn, Silver Origin, and two Evolution-class ships. Browse Silversea's new blog Discover and subscribe to receive the latest content directly into your inbox.
View Silversea’s Media Kit
Recent News from Silversea:
• General Sale Now Open: Silversea Offers Guests Unparalleled Variety with 197 New Itineraries for 2021-2022
General sales are now open on Silversea Cruises’ new summer 2021 & winter 2021/2022 itineraries. Designed by Silversea’s team of destination experts, the cruise line’s new voyage collection offers unparalleled variety, with many once-in-a-lifetime experiences to offer guests, from solar eclipse voyages in Antarctica to an immersive cruise to the Holy Land. The leading ultra-luxury cruise line has unveiled a total of 197 new itineraries, setting sail between January 2021 and April 2022, which incorporate calls to 528 destinations in 92 countries, with 28 maiden calls.
• Silver Moon Touchers Water for the First Time in Her Float-Out Ceremony
Silversea’s new ultra-luxury cruise ship, Silver Moon, touched water for the first time at Fincantieri Shipyard in Ancona, Italy, on August 29, 2019. A momentous milestone in the eagerly awaited ship’s build, the float out was marked by a celebratory event and a traditional coin ceremony, held in the presence of top-level representatives from Silversea and Fincantieri, plus VIP guests. Fincantieri will now begin work on Silver Moon’s elegant interior, bringing the ship to the hallmark level of finish that characterises Silversea’s ultra-luxury fleet.
• T-Minus One Year until Launch: Silversea Counts Down to the Arrival of Silver Moon
Today marks one year until the launch of Silver Moon℠ – an elegant new addition to Silversea’s ultra-luxury fleet of ships. Embarking on her inaugural voyage on August 6, 2020, the 596-guest Silver Moon will echo the whispered elegance of the cruise line’s current flagship, Silver Muse, while bringing unprecedented enhancements and elements of innovation.