December 19, 2019
Silversea Unveils The Refurbished Silver Shadow: Elegant New Livery, Bespoke Lalique Decorations & Reimagined Spaces
(Monaco -- December 19, 2019) The latest Silversea ship to undergo an extensive refurbishment, Silver Shadow recently emerged from the dry dock with redesigned interior spaces and an elegant new livery—the first time the two-tone design has been employed in Silversea’s history. Moreover, another first for the leading ultra-luxury cruise line, decorative crystal artworks from renowned lifestyle brand Lalique have been installed in Silver Shadow’s La Dame Restaurant to enrich the dining experience for guests.
“Silversea has evolved in recent times and we felt the need to reflect this evolution in Silver Shadow’s livery,” says Jose Vuolo, Silversea’s Global Creative Director. “Elegant, understated, recognisable, Silver Shadow’s new aesthetic echoes our cruise line’s character, placing emphasis on the destination and our guests’ experiences. Complementing the ship’s interior refurbishment, which whispers luxury, the new exterior design distinguishes Silversea within the ultra-luxury segment. Silver Shadow will look equally as sophisticated while anchored off a remote Caribbean island as in the port of a historic European city, as her new livery has been designed to form an affinity between ship and destination.” In addition to the ship’s elegant new livery, guests on Silver Shadow will enjoy the following enhancements from the latest refurbishment:
• All Suites. With guests’ comfort in mind, all suites have undergone a complete floor-to-ceiling renovation. Carpets, furniture and fixtures have been refurbished in all suites, while all bathrooms have also been renewed. The suites’ elegant new colour scheme takes influence from the successful design of Silver Muse. Guest hallways have also been enhanced with new carpets and suite doors.
• Handmade Lalique panels enrich La Dame Restaurant. La Dame’s décor has been enriched with bespoke, handmade Lalique panels, for the enjoyment of guests. Moreover, in response to the venue’s overwhelming popularity, La Dame Restaurant on Deck 7 has been enlarged and now accommodates up to 40 diners, meaning all guests will be able to sample the venue’s sumptuous cuisine at least once throughout their voyage.
• New Atrium. A new Atrium area has been created on Deck 5 with open-plan boutiques and an inviting Arts Café, complete with central bar counter and vibrant furnishings. The Atrium also comprises an updated guest relations area, with an interactive guest relations desk, and a bespoke new future cruise sales office.
• Connoisseur’s Corner. Re-positioned from Deck 7 to Deck 8, the Connoisseur’s Corner has been entirely refurbished and a new outdoor seating area has been created, meaning guests can enjoy fine drinks and cigars either indoors or al fresco. Plush seating and wind breakers have created a sophisticated area of optimum comfort, in which guests can relax while admiring far-reaching views.
• Casino. The Casino has been relocated from Deck 5 to Deck 8, and now enjoys a new layout with updated décor.
• Additional enhancements to public spaces. Elsewhere, many of Silver Shadow’s public spaces have undergone extensive refurbishments, including: La Terrazza, The Restaurant, the Panorama Lounge, the Zagara Beauty Spa & Fitness Centre, the Observation Library, The Bar, The Show Lounge, the Card/Conference Room, the Pool Area & Jogging Track, and all public bathrooms. New outdoor furniture has invigorated the pool deck, suite balconies, La Terrazza, and the Panorama Lounge.
Among the first of Silver Shadow’s post-refurbishment sailings in 2019, guests enjoyed an exclusive voyage hosted by Mark Conroy, Managing Director of The Americas, and Peter Shanks, Managing Director for the UK, Ireland, the Middle East and Africa. From December 10-19, Silversea’s guests travelled deeper between San Juan and Fort Lauderdale, enjoying a number of bespoke events in the company of Conroy and Shanks.
“Every aspect of Silver Shadow’s refurbishment has been designed to enrich our guests’ experiences,” says Conroy. “From the new Atrium area in the heart of the ship, which is perfect for a sociable evening cocktail, to the completely renovated guest suites, which guarantee optimum comfort, Silver Shadow’s enhanced interior spaces are elevating the entire cruise experience.”
“Our guests’ reactions to the enhanced Silver Shadow’s has been exceptional,” says Shanks. “It has been a real pleasure to reunite with familiar members of our Venetian Society in such a beautiful setting. Inspired by Silver Muse, the reimagined Silver Shadow has raised the bar higher still for our cruise line.”
Aboard Silver Shadow, as on all of Silversea’s ultra-luxury ships, guests are welcomed in superlative comfort, enjoying an onboard offering that has been enriched with unprecedented levels of luxury by Silversea’s ongoing Project Invictus. Ocean-view suites, sumptuous cuisine that adapts according to the sailed region, and the personalised service of butlers are just a few standout features. Enhancing the experience are such all-inclusive amenities as complimentary premium wines and spirits, speciality coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks served throughout the ship; an in-suite bar, stocked with guests' preferences; a complimentary in-suite 24-hour dining service; and complimentary Wi-Fi.
View Silver Shadow’s upcoming voyages: https://www.silversea.com/ships/silver-shadow.html
Download new images of the refurbished Silver Shadow:
Silversea Cruises, in which Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio serves as Executive Chairman, is recognised as an innovator in the ultra-luxury cruise line industry, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse – all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the inclusion of the expedition ships Silver Explorer, Silver Galapagos, and Silver Cloud, Silversea's itineraries encompass all seven continents and feature worldwide luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, both Polar Regions and hundreds of fascinating destinations in between. Silversea is also looking forward to the launch of five new ultra-luxury ships: Silver Moon, Silver Dawn, Silver Origin, and two Evolution-class ships. Browse Silversea's new blog Discover and subscribe to receive the latest content directly into your inbox.
Related news from Silversea:
• Project Invictus Continues to Enhance Silversea's Ultra-Luxury Fleet: Silver Shadow to Undergo Major Refurbishment in 2019
Silversea's all-suite, 388-guest Silver Shadow is set to undergo an extensive refurbishment in November 2019, to enrich the ship’s comfort further still for the cruise line’s guests. The renovation will include the creation of a new Atrium area on deck 5, and major enhancements to all guest suites, corridors, and many public spaces—including a remodelling of the ship's La Dame Restaurant, Connoisseur's Corner, and the Casino.
• Silversea Announces New Collaboration with Lalique to Bring Unprecedented Elegance to Ships
To enrich the traveling experience for the cruise line’s guests, Silversea Cruises today announces a collaboration with legendary lifestyle brand Lalique. Founded in 1888, Lalique is celebrated for its exquisite jewelry, decorative items, interior design, perfumes, and artworks. Silversea and Lalique are united in their unwavering commitment to bespoke luxury, exceptional quality, and timeless elegance.
• Discover the Reimagined Silver Shadow Hosted by Silversea’s Managing Directors
Silversea Cruises announces an exclusive cruise on board the reimagined Silver Shadow, hosted by Mark Conroy, Managing Director of The Americas, and Peter Shanks, UK & Ireland Managing Director. Departing December 10, 2019, this preview sailing in the Caribbean will allow guests to enjoy the enhanced comfort of the newly refurbished 388-guest Silver Shadow and delight in a number of bespoke events, hosted by Shanks and Conroy.