(Miami, FL -- December 12, 2019) The industry-leading ultra-luxury cruise line Silversea today unveiled a collection of new theatrical performances and entertainment concepts planned for select ships for 2020--each developed in exclusive collaboration with renowned Luna Rossa Productions.
The reimagined program will enrich onboard entertainment options across a selection of ships from December 6, 2019—most notably, aboard Silver Moon from the ship’s launch on August 6, 2020, when the curtain goes up on To the Moon and Beyond, a retro tribute to space exploration and classic sci-fi movies. Inspired by the recent 50th anniversary of the historic Apollo 11 moon landing, the show will feature evocative, space-age scenery and such iconic tunes as Fly Me to the Moon, Moondance, Bad Moon Rising, Rocket Man, and more. Silver Moon’s innovative headline show will be complemented by three new stage productions, which will be common to all ships:
• Circus, inspired by Cirque du Soleil and the hit movie The Greatest Showman;
• Café Tango, a classic tango show set in a Parisian-style café;
• and '80s Gold, which celebrates the decade's best-loved pop anthems.
The choreography-enriched stage presentations will spotlight the talents of the Silver Stars, a new cast of accomplished singers and dancers. The shows will be performed in the sophisticated Venetian Lounge, where audiences will enjoy high-quality musical tracks, vibrant costuming, and imaginative stage designs featuring interactive video mapping technology and motion graphics, as well as new mobile set pieces that will provide multiple scenery changes.
New Performative Experiences to Debut on Silver Moon
As part of an enriched entertainment program that will launch on Silver Moon and will roll out to additional ships from late 2020, new performative experiences will enrich guests’ time on board: LunaFest, a lively mid-cruise music festival will be staged outdoors on deck with street-food carts offering tempting delights; and Silver Sparks, a selection of entertaining moments that will pop up at unexpected times in different ship venues, and are sure to raise a smile.
NEW SHOWS FOR 2020
In addition to Silver Moon, Silversea's Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse will each host a new theatrical production in 2020:
• Boogie Wonderland!: A glittering cast of talented artists takes the audience on a fun-filled, rhythmic ride through the iconic music and dance moves of the disco generation with songs from such legends as Earth, Wind and Fire, Gloria Gaynor, the Bee Gees, and many others. The mirror ball starts sparkling on Silver Whisper's Caribbean voyage from December 6, 2019.
• Late in the Evening: Debuting aboard Silver Wind's January 23, 2020, Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale, this acoustic, live tribute to the enduring melodies of Burt Bacharach, Carole King and Paul Simon features reinterpretations of such laid-back, modern classics as I Say a Little Prayer, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Bridge over Troubled Water, and more.
• Colors: Launching aboard Silver Muse's Australia and New Zealand sailing from March 3, 2020, this tribute to melodies brimming with color and emotion presents a vibrant and varied palette of colorful musical tunes, from Michael Jackson's Black or White and Madonna's True Blue, to Barbra Streisand's Evergreen and Prince's Purple Rain.
• Brit Hits: This nod to the success of British contemporary music will take to the stage aboard Silver Spirit's Mediterranean cruise from April 15, 2020. Highlighting award-winning songs of the British Phonographic Industry's annual BRIT Awards, the audience will be treated to interpretations of the best-selling hits of such artists as Adele, Amy Winehouse, Elton John, Phil Collins, Eurythmics, and others.
• Corazon: Set to debut aboard Silver Shadow’s Mediterranean voyage from May 3, 2020, this passion-filled show of music and dance features bold costumes, dramatic staging and captivating imagery from the Alhambra as it showcases rhythmic sounds from Spain and South America, and styles from opera to popular dance beats. Think Man of La Mancha meets Rhythm Is Gonna Get You.
"We are thrilled to unveil this enhanced entertainment program,” said Antonio Marangi, Silversea's Director of Entertainment and Enrichment. “Enriched by the creative collaboration of Luna Rossa, we have developed an entertainment portfolio that has been customized according to guests’ expectations and preferences. Differentiation is the key to unique, intimate and exclusive entertainment programming. I know our guests will be delighted by our range of bespoke stage performances, as well as our new concepts. LunaFest and Silver Sparks will lend an extra dimension to create a remarkable entertainment experience."
“We feel privileged to continue our collaboration with Silversea,” said Marc Sorrentino and Michelle Tough, the company’s producers. “The new show formats and concepts are designed to offer something for all of Silversea guests’ discerning tastes. Guests will experience high energy shows with beautiful music and a visual feast of gorgeous costumes and interactive scenery. We have increased the energy and ‘fun’ aspects of the program and we have been working closely with a world class team of creatives, including scenic designers and choreographers for the benefit of the cruise line’s guests.”
For more information on the itineraries featuring the new shows, please visit www.silversea.com.
Download related media: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0fzfw310qvexp6/AACWrtZs6YuOAWEB8QstSaiFa?dl=0
Silversea Cruises, in which Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio serves as Executive Chairman, is recognized as an innovator in the ultra-luxury cruise line industry, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse – all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the inclusion of the expedition ships Silver Explorer, Silver Galapagos, and Silver Cloud, Silversea's itineraries encompass all seven continents and feature worldwide luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, both Polar Regions and hundreds of fascinating destinations in between. Silversea is also looking forward to the launch of five new ultra-luxury ships: Silver Moon, Silver Dawn, Silver Origin, and two Evolution-class ships. Browse Silversea's new blog Discover and subscribe to receive the latest content directly into your inbox.
View Silversea’s Media Kit
Recent News from Silversea:
• Antarctica Bridge: Silversea Becomes First Ultra-Luxury Cruise Line to Fly Guests Directly to Antarctica in Business-Class Comfort
Silversea Cruises, the world’s leading ultra-luxury cruise line, announces a first in the ultra-luxury segment: a new fly-cruise service to Antarctica in business-class comfort, as part of the largest ever Antarctica offering in the cruise line’s history. Named Antarctica Bridge, the new service will provide discerning travellers with the fastest, most direct route to the White Continent.
• Silversea's Guests Enjoy Unprecedented Luxury as a Result of Project Invictus
The first initiative launched by Silversea Cruises in partnership with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Project Invictus has increased Silversea’s luxury offering to enhance guests’ cruising experiences further still.
• Silver Moon Touches Water for the First Time in Her Float-Out Ceremony
Silversea’s new ultra-luxury cruise ship, Silver Moon, touched water for the first time at Fincantieri Shipyard in Ancona, Italy. A momentous milestone in the eagerly awaited ship’s build, the float out was marked by a celebratory event and a traditional coin ceremony, held in the presence of top-level representatives from Silversea and Fincantieri, plus VIP guests. Fincantieri will now begin work on Silver Moon’s elegant interior, bringing the ship to the hallmark level of finish that characterises Silversea’s ultra-luxury fleet.