SILVERSEA ACADEMY GIFT CARD PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (INCLUDING D.C. AND PUERTO RICO) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) 21 AND OLDER. VOID IN CERTAIN U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, OR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1. Eligibility: “Silversea Academy Gift Card Prize” Contest, (the “Contest”) is ONLY OPEN TO Travel Partners of record with Royal Caribbean International as of September 15, 2020 who are active and accredited travel agents (must have a valid ARC, IATAN, TRUE, or CLIA number) of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and complete a course on Silversea Academy between September 15, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Travel Partners must be registered with Silversea to sell and arrange Silversea cruises, accommodations, and/or trips for travelers in order to qualify to win (“Travel Partner”). Employees of Silversea Cruises Ltd. (“Silversea Cruises Ltd.” or “Sponsor”), their affiliates, dealers, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, parents, subsidiaries and joint venture companies, as well as members of their immediate families and households (including children, spouses and siblings and/or persons living in the same households as such persons (whether related or not)) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations apply, including federal, state and local taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. d/b/a Silversea Cruises Ltd., 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant is eligible to receive a prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 1:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, a Travel Partner can enter the Contest by completing a course on Silversea Academy (silverseaacademy.com) (the “Submission”). Travel partners are limited to one (1) Submission per course completed. There will be three (3) drawings during the contest period. Only courses completed during the drawing period will be considered for that specific drawing. First drawing will be selected from pool of entrants from September 15, 2020 – October 31, 2020. Second drawing will be selected from pool of entrants from November 1, 2020 – November 30, 2020. Third drawing will be selected from pool of entrants from December 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. No entry forms required.
6. Winner Determination: A winner will be determined via the following process: Sponsor will pick the winner using at random from the pool of submissions received.
7. Winner Requirements: Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential prize winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the Prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or Prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected by Sponsor through an application of the Judging Criteria. If the substitute winner is unable or unwilling to collect, prize will be forfeited. In the event that a potential prize winner (herein referred to as “Winner”) is disqualified for any reason, an alternate Winner will be determined by Sponsor through an application of the Judging Criteria, in the judges’ sole discretion. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify Winners’ agreement and consent that Sponsor may use Winners’ name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, Winners shall grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such winning Submission (along with a name credit) in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes for one year from the date of selection of Winner. If necessary, Winner will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Winner is granting to use the Submission. Winners accept and acknowledge that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winners will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prizes: There will one (1) prize awarded to one (1) winning Travel Partner per drawing period; a total of three (3) prizes will be awarded. The prize consists of one (1) two hundred-dollar ($200) Visa gift card (approximate retail value: $200). Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, other than those specifically stated in these Official Rules.
9. General Conditions: Prizes are not assignable are nontransferable, and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. Prize may not be upgraded, and no substitutions by Winner will be allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of comparable or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible Winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Royal Caribbean International. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Unused components of the prize have no redeemable cash value and no compensation will be made.
Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, other than those specifically stated in these Official Rules, that may be incurred or arise as a result of being awarded a prize. Such costs may include, but are not limited to all federal, state, local, or other government or quasi-governmental taxes and fees.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By receipt of any Prize, the applicable Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Miami-Dade County, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
Silversea Cruises Ltd., Miami, Florida USA© 2020 Silversea Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: Bahamas & Ecuador
By participating in this promotion, you agree to the Official Rules.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Visa. By participating, you hereby release and hold harmless Visa from any and all liability associated with this promotion.