Guests are responsible for complying with local health and safety regulations – in the country of embarkation, in countries through which they transit on their return journeys, and in their country of origin upon their return home.
PRE-EMBARKATION TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Fully Vaccinated Guest Testing Requirements
Guests embarking on a Silversea vessel who are fully vaccinated or up-to-date are no longer required to present a negative PCR or Antigen test.
Guests who are fully vaccinated or up-to-date must bring their proof of vaccination to the ship.
Unvaccinated Guest Testing Requirements
Unvaccinated Guests must present a valid Antigen or PCR negative test result performed within 72 hours before embarkation:
- The test may be administered by a verified third party, either a laboratory or pharmacy OR
- A self-test at home, verified by a third party (telehealth provider, pharmacy or laboratory).
- The Certificate must contain the guest’s name (as shown on the cruise ticket), as well as the date of test, and result. You must provide a digital or printed proof upon embarkation.
IMPORTANT: self-test at home kits cannot be verified by a friend or family member.
PLEASE NOTE: All guests aged from 0 to 2 years old are exempted from testing.
PLEASE NOTE: As Silversea will no longer be providing pier-side testing for embarking guests, it is imperative that all guests arrive to the pier with their individual negative test result. If guests arrive for embarkation without a valid negative test result, they will be denied boarding.
Pre-Arrival Testing Option
- The Antigen test may be administered by a verified third party, either a laboratory or pharmacy OR a self-test at home, verified by a third party (telehealth provider, pharmacy or laboratory). The Certificate must contain the guest’s name (as shown on the cruise ticket), as well as date of test, and result. You must provide a digital or printed proof upon embarkation.
- Whilst approved self-test kits are now readily available at pharmacies and drugstore chains, Silversea is pleased to make them available for order pre-cruise. We suggest that you order them at least one full week in advance of your sailing. These tests allow you to complete your pre-cruise test at home, or in any place of your choosing, with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Testing Guide. Your results are typically ready in about 15 minutes. Please click here to order your home self-test kit.