SILVERSEA'S HEALTHY RETURN TO SAILING - WORLD CRUISE
17 DECEMBER, 2021
Silversea’s Tale of Tales 2022 is fast approaching, and we are eagerly preparing to welcome you aboard our beloved Silver Whisper in Ft. Lauderdale.
While our top priority has always been to safeguard your health and safety, please rest assured that we have worked hard to retain and enrich the exceptional onboard service, the unforgettable experiences, and the immersive nature of our voyages that you have come to expect when travelling with Silversea Cruises – especially as a guest aboard a World Cruise.
Herewith we are pleased to provide you with important information regarding your pre-cruise protocols, various country entry requirements, embarkation process, shoreside discovery, and more. Please know that we are constantly monitoring all international travel regulations and that this information may evolve prior to your voyage. We will of course immediately advise you of any developments.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO YOUR VOYAGE:
- Vaccination: All guests must have received their second vaccine shot (if applicable) at least two weeks prior to the voyage, in order to have developed immunity before boarding the ship. Only guests fully vaccinated with vaccines approved by WHO will be permitted to board. A copy of the vaccination certificate must be uploaded to ‘My Silversea’. Your vaccination certificate or printed copy must be shown during the check-in and embarkation process.
- Country requirements: While Silversea will facilitate entry into each port of call throughout your voyage (which may include additional onboard Covid-19 testing during the voyage), guests are responsible for complying with entry requirements for the country of embarkation, as well as the travel requirements affecting their return journeys.
- Guests included in COVID-19 risk groups should consult with their medical care provider for advice on their ability to travel and for information on the risks of travelling.
Country requirements to enter the United States
Please consult all applicable U.S. CDC recommendations relating travel, available here.
Country requirements to enter Chile
- From 1 November 2021, fully vaccinated travellers must undertake a PCR test prior to arrival in Chile. For this reason, this will be performed on board in lieu of our call in Arica, Chile which will now be a technical call (no guests ashore) to allow for the mandatory testing. Please see third bullet under Exploration Ashore below for details.
- Proof of the Covid-19 vaccine will allow visitors to obtain a Mobility Pass mandated and issued by the Chilean Ministry of Health. The application must be submitted via the website mevacuno.gob.cl at your earliest convenience as the application process can take up to 30 days. You will be required to provide contact and passport information, medical history, Covid-19 vaccination record, and proof of full vaccination.
IMPORTANT: Kindly ensure that the contact and passport information entered on mevacuno.gob.cl website exactly matches the information shared in your My Silversea account. This allows our teams to cross verify the information with the Chilean authorities and accelerate, if needed, the approval process. The email address provided should be the one used during your journey in Chile.
Should you require assistance completing the Mobility Pass application, please contact your travel professional. For any urgent inquiry with regards to the requirements to enter Chile, you and/or your travel professional can write to the following email address email@example.com for assistance.
- All guests are required to obtain/provide proof of a health insurance policy that provides coverage for any Covid-19 medical expenses and related health issues during the traveller’s stay in Chile. The health insurance must have a coverage of USD 30,000 (minimum). All documents will have to be presented before entering Chile.
NOTE: If you purchased Allianz Insurance with Silversea, this coverage is included. If not, you must purchase the travel insurance, and regardless of which company you choose, you should plan on having the policy printed and easily accessible for verification.
- All guests will be required to complete a Travellers’ Affidavit Form while on board and from 48 hours prior to entering Chile on 24 Jan. Please see the last point under the Peace of mind while on board section below for details.
NEW EMBARKATION AND CHECK-IN PROCESS:
Our check-in process has been relaxed and will be performed entirely shore-side, while embarkation will be staggered to ensure ample space for guests’ comfort and safety.
- In order to complete our comprehensive sanitisation procedures and to best prepare for your journey on board, embarkation will start at 2pm and your suite will be ready to welcome you in superlative comfort at 4pm at the latest. Unfortunately, no guest will be allowed to embark before 2pm.
- You can enjoy our onboard public areas from 2pm onwards while your suite is being prepared.
- You will be welcomed in dedicated areas at various locations on the pier, where you will be required to present your proof of vaccination.
- As a precautionary measure, you will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening, which will include a health questionnaire, touchless temperature check, and a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test. Only guests who complete the health screening and test negative will be permitted to board our ships. A comfortable waiting area in which you can enjoy complimentary refreshments while awaiting clearance to embark will be available.
Embarkation will be denied to guests who:
- Are unable to provide proof of full vaccination, completed at least 2 weeks before boarding
- Test positive from the rapid antigen COVID-19 test and from the RT-PCR test which will be performed as secondary medical screening
- Have a temperature exceeding 38°C/100.4°F
- Have symptoms of other COVID-19 symptoms detected during a secondary medical screening
- We deem, in our sole discretion, to be a close contact of any guest exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and who tests positive
All positive cases and their travelling parties will be managed on a one-by-one basis with the local health authorities. This will be in accordance to the measures, which, depending on the case, might vary from self-isolation to hospitalization.
In cases of denied boarding for COVID-19 reasons please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org; 24/7 global dedicated number: +1 954 713 40 50.
ENHANCED SAFETY DRILL:
We have designed an enhanced, staggered group safety drill that will be completed in two phases to ensure physical distancing and to reduce the drill’s duration.
- The safety drill’s first phase must now be completed by viewing and acknowledging the safety drill video on the ‘My Cruise’ app or on your in-suite TV. This first step must be completed upon arrival in your suite to enable you to be pre-assigned to a group, time slot, and muster station for phase two of the drill.
- The second phase will be performed from a minimum of one to a maximum of three groups in our dedicated muster stations to ensure physical distancing.
PEACE OF MIND WHILE ON BOARD:
As part of our commitment to safeguarding your health and safety, we have implemented science-backed protocols on board with which you will be required to comply.
- Physical distancing: While social interaction will be maintained, it is important to remain physically distanced from other guests who are not in your travelling party.
- Masks: All guests will be required to wear a mask in all indoor public areas of the ship, in terminals, and during shore excursions. Nevertheless, the use of masks will not be required while seated in restaurants, at tables in bars, and in outdoor areas in which physical distancing can be maintained.
- Hand sanitising: For your comfort and safety, you will be required to engage in frequent handwashing. We will provide you with a luxury portable sanitisation kit, which will include a hospital-grade hand sanitiser. We have placed hand-sanitising points in prominent, easily accessible, strategic points throughout the ship.
- Daily touchless temperature checks: Your butler will take your temperature in the comfort of your suite every morning.
- COVID-19 Symptoms: In case you develop COVID-19 symptoms while on board, you should immediately notify the nearest member of onboard personnel. Contact numbers for the Medical Centre are also available on your suite’s TV and in the Chronicles. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, shortness of breath, sudden onset of anosmia, ageusia or dysgeusia. Additional less specific symptoms may include headache, chills, muscle pain, fatigue, vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
- All guests will be required to undergo a COVID-19 rapid antigen test every 10 days during the cruise. The testing process will be staggered, starting from day five up until day eight of your voyage. Additional testing may be required for country specific safety protocols. Silversea will keep you updated during your voyage.
- PCR test: to comply with the requirements to enter Chile, Silversea will organize a PCR test while on board in lieu of our call in Arica on 22 Jan. This will be performed on board in lieu of our call in Arica, Chile which will now be a technical call (no guests ashore) to allow for the mandatory testing. Please see third bullet under Exploration Ashore below for details. This is necessary in order to generate the Travel Affidavit form required to enter Chile.
- Traveller’s Affidavit Form:must be completed on https://www.c19.cl/ from 48 hours prior to entering Chile on 24 Jan. Note that the shipboard team will assist in facilitating this process during the cruise.
- Guests wishing to go ashore will be able to experience each port either on Silversea’s shore excursions or, in select ports, independently, at their leisure – all the while respecting local health and safety requirements, if applicable.
- Please be aware that guests venturing ashore in select ports will only be able to do so on Silversea’s verified shore excursions. Due to regulations set out by the respective authorities, guests will not be permitted to go ashore independently in the destinations listed here.If guests decide to voluntarily leave the verified shore excursion group contravening local country regulations, reboarding will be denied.
- Please note that guests will no longer be able to go ashore in Arica, Chile as this will be a technical call to perform the RT-PCR test required by the Chilean authorities to enter Chile. All shore excursions will be automatically cancelled.
- All shore excursions will comply with Silversea’s health and safety measures. To better prepare for your journey with us, please book your shore excursions through My Silversea before your voyage.
- You are reminded to carry your vaccination certification with you when exploring each destination, as you may be required to present proof of vaccination to access restaurants, transportation, and local attractions.
- Silversea Mid-voyage land adventures: please note that as the global situation is constantly evolving, based on the conditions of a particular destination at the time of our visit, it will be advised if mid-voyage land adventures will be performed or not once onboard. All guests going ashore on mid-voyage land adventures will undergo a mandatory antigen test to re-embark Silver Whisper. To better prepare for your journey with us, please book your mid-voyage land adventure through travel profession or Silversea representative before your voyage.
- Independent temporary debark: For guests wishing to do so, we suggest booking Silversea’s mid-voyage land adventures as they comply with Silversea’s health and safety measures. Please note that as the global situation is constantly evolving, based on the conditions of a particular destination at the time of our visit, it will be advised if temporary debark will be approved or not. All guests temporarily debarking will undergo a mandatory antigen test to re-embark Silver Whisper.
- To enable the suite cleaning and sanitisation processes to be completed, you will be required to leave your suite at 8am. You are invited to enjoy breakfast or venture ashore —on one of our shore excursions or independently —while waiting to re-enter your suite.
DISEMBARKATION DAY AND RETURN HOME:
- To enable the suite cleaning and sanitisation processes to be completed, you will be required to leave your suite at 8am on the day of disembarkation. Before disembarking the ship by 10am, you are invited to enjoy breakfast.
- All disembarking guests will be required to undergo a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test. Should you require a PCR Test, please contact your Silversea Representative or onboard team as this will have to be pre-arranged. Please note that this will incur a nominal fee, which may vary according to the destination, and will be provided through a third-party provider.
- For your return journey, you are responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements—those of your country and the countries through which you are transiting, which may include additional COVID-19 testing.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms after disembarking the ship, you should self-isolate and seek immediate medical care, sharing your travel history with the health care provider and a Silversea representative.