The moment in which the Silversea family is reunited draws closer and we are excited to welcome you on board to continue our discovery of the world. With your upcoming voyage aboard our beloved Silver Dawn fast approaching, we wanted to take the opportunity to update you on what your cruise experience will be like.
While our top priority has always been to safeguard your health and safety, please rest assured that we have worked hard to retain and enrich the exceptional onboard service, the unforgettable experiences, and the immersive nature of our voyages that you have come to expect when travelling with Silversea Cruises.
In consideration of the most recent updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and to enable you to prepare for your voyage with us, we are pleased to share some important information to acknowledge prior to your departure.
Please note, with the uncertainty surrounding current travel regulations, this information might evolve by the time of your voyage, and it may change based on the cruising region of a particular itinerary. As well, please know that local regulations may require more stringent protocols (e.g. masks may be mandatory), in which case Silversea will comply with all local requirements and guidelines.
Please make sure to contact your travel professional prior to departure to understand if new information is available.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO YOUR VOYAGE:
- Fully Vaccinated Guests: All embarking crew and guests must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks prior to embarkation. Only guests fully vaccinated with approved WHO vaccines (see here) will be permitted to board. A copy of your vaccination certificate must be uploaded to “My Silversea” in advance of your travels, in addition to showing your vaccination certificate or printed copy during the check-in and embarkation process.
- Up To Date Vaccinated Guests: You will need to be fully up to date with your vaccine status (“up to date” means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible), in accordance with each of the countries you plan to visit on your respective itinerary. We recommend that you refer to each country’s official government website to understand the complete vaccination status requirements for entry, as well as the ability to roam freely, enter restaurants, cultural institutions, etc. For example, some countries may allow entry for fully vaccinated travellers, but will require “up to date” vaccine status to dine at a restaurant. It is your responsibility to ensure you are adequately inoculated to enter and enjoy the countries on your itinerary.
- Pre-embarkation testing requirements
If you arrive for embarkation with a valid antigen or PCR negative test result (administered by a verified third party - either a laboratory or pharmacy), please make note you will enjoy expedited boarding. If you require pier-side testing by Silversea upon embarkation, please note this will result in a delayed boarding process for you.
- Fully Vaccinated Guests: If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (but have not received an additional dose or booster), you must provide a negative antigen or PCR test result, administered by a verified third party (either a laboratory or pharmacy), taken no more than 2 days prior to boarding your ship. If you are unable to obtain a negative test in time for embarkation, Silversea will provide complimentary testing at the pre-cruise hotel or pier-side prior to boarding the ship.
- Up To Date Vaccinated Guests: If you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, you must provide a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test result, administered by a verified third party (either a laboratory or pharmacy), taken no more than 3 days prior to boarding your ship. If you are unable to obtain a negative test in time for embarkation, Silversea will provide complimentary testing at the pre-cruise hotel or pier-side prior to boarding the ship.
To ensure your peace of mind, the best and safest course of action is for you to be up to date with your COVID-19 vaccine and arrive at your departure terminal with a valid negative test result dated no more than 3 days prior to embarkation.
- Country requirements: While Silversea will facilitate entry into each port of call during each voyage, guests are responsible for complying with entry requirements for the country of embarkation, as well as the travel requirements affecting their return journeys. Find out more information on Portugal’s travel protocols: link to Portuguese protocols
- Exploration ashore: Guests wishing to go ashore will be able to experience each port either on Silversea’s shore excursions or independently, at their leisure—all the while respecting local health and safety requirements, if and when applicable. You are reminded to carry your vaccination certification with you when exploring each destination, as you may be required to present proof of vaccination to access restaurants, transportation, and local attractions.
Guests included in COVID-19 risk groups should consult with their medical care provider for advice on their ability to travel and for information on the risks of travelling.
NEW EMBARKATION AND CHECK-IN PROCESS:
Our check-in process has been relaxed and will be performed entirely shore-side, while embarkation will be staggered to ensure ample space for guests’ comfort and safety.
- In order to complete our comprehensive sanitisation procedures and to best prepare for your journey on board, embarkation will start at 2pm and your suite will be ready to welcome you in superlative comfort by 4pm at the latest. Unfortunately, no guest will be allowed to embark before 2pm.
- You can enjoy our onboard public areas from 2pm onwards while your suite is being prepared.
- You will be welcomed in dedicated areas at various locations on the pier, where you will be required to present your proof of vaccination.
- As a precautionary measure, you will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening, which will include a health questionnaire, touchless temperature check, and, if required, a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test. Only guests who complete the health screening and test negative will be permitted to board the ship. A comfortable waiting area in which you can enjoy complimentary refreshments while awaiting clearance to embark will be also available.
EMBARKATION WILL BE DENIED TO GUESTS WHO:
- Are unable to provide proof of full vaccination, as per requirement stated here.
- Test positive from the rapid antigen COVID-19 test and from the RT-PCR test which will be performed as secondary medical screening
- Have a temperature exceeding 38°C/100.4°F
- Have symptoms of other COVID-19 symptoms detected during a secondary medical screening
- We deem, in our sole discretion, to be a close contact of any guest exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and who tests positive
All positive cases and their travelling parties will be managed on a one-by-one basis with the local health authorities. This will be in accordance with the local measures, which, depending on the case, might vary from self-isolation to hospitalisation.
In cases of denied boarding for COVID-19 reasons, our Guest Relations team is at your disposal and can be reached at email@example.com; or at the 24/7 global dedicated number: +1 954 713 40 50. Following our COVID-19 protection policy, in case you are denied boarding the team will arrange, in cooperation with local authorities, the necessary isolation, followed by repatriation and a refund of the monies paid to Silversea.
ENHANCED SAFETY DRILL:
We have designed an enhanced, staggered group safety drill that will be completed in two phases to ensure physical distancing and to reduce the drill’s duration.
- The safety drill’s first phase must now be completed by viewing and acknowledging the safety drill video on the ‘My Cruise’ app or on your in-suite TV. This first step must be completed upon arrival in your suite to enable you to be pre-assigned to a group, time slot, and muster station for phase two of the drill.
- The second phase will be performed from a minimum of one to a maximum of three groups in our dedicated muster stations to ensure physical distancing.
PEACE OF MIND WHILE ON BOARD:
As part of our commitment to safeguarding your health and safety, we have implemented science-backed protocols on board with which you will be required to comply.
- Physical distancing: While physical distancing will no longer be required for guests, our Staff and Crew will continue to maintain this practice.
- Masks: The wearing of masks during the cruise will be at each guest’s discretion, with the exception of the casino, the theatre, and during muster drills where masks remain mandatory. While we recognise that the wearing of a mask is a personal choice, we do strongly encourage our guests to wear a mask whilst indoors aboard ship, other than when actively eating or drinking, or when in the privacy of your suite. Note that the Staff and Crew aboard all our ships will continue to wear masks for the foreseeable future.
- Hand sanitising: For your comfort and safety, you will be required to engage in frequent handwashing. We will provide you with a complimentary portable sanitisation kit, which will include a hospital-grade hand sanitiser. We have placed hand-sanitising points in prominent, easily accessible, strategic points throughout the ship.
- COVID-19 Symptoms: In case you develop COVID-19 symptoms while on board, you should immediately notify the nearest member of onboard personnel. Contact numbers for the Medical Centre are also available on your suite’s TV and in the Chronicles. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, shortness of breath, sudden onset of anosmia, ageusia (loss of sense of taste), dysgeusia (altered sense of taste), or anosmia (loss of sense to smell). Additional less-specific symptoms may include headache, chills, muscle pain, fatigue, vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
- To enable the suite cleaning and sanitisation processes to be completed, you will be required to leave your suite at 8am. You are invited to enjoy breakfast or venture ashore—on one of our shore excursions or independently—while waiting to re-enter your suite.
- Silversea will provide a COVID-19 rapid antigen test for all in-transit guests before starting the new voyage.
DISEMBARKATION DAY AND RETURN HOME:
- To enable the suite cleaning and sanitisation processes to be completed, you will be required to leave your suite at 8am on the day of disembarkation. Before disembarking the ship by 10am, you are invited to enjoy breakfast.
- Silversea will provide a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test for all disembarking guests, should they require it for their return journey home. Should you require a PCR Test, please contact your Silversea Representative or onboard team as this will have to be pre-arranged. Please note that this will incur a nominal fee, which may vary according to the destination, and will be provided through a third-party provider.
- For your return journey, you are responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements—those of your country and the countries through which you are transiting, which may include additional COVID-19 testing.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms after disembarking the ship, you should self-isolate and seek immediate medical care, sharing your travel history with the health care provider and a Silversea representative.