Buccaneer Archipelago, Australia –
The Buccaneer Archipelago has of over 800 islands and was created millions of years ago by erosion-causing tidal changes. The region’s tides present amazing spectacles that can create seemingly horizontal waterfalls at Talbot Bay. Watch reefs and islands come out of the ocean, only to have them disappear before your eyes again.
Hunter River, Australia –
Hunter River is home to an immense mangrove system and soaring red sandstone cliffs. Narrow mangrove channels serve as shelter to numerous bird species, mudskippers, fiddler crabs and the enigmatic saltwater crocodile. Close by is the lovely stretch of beach at Naturalist Island, from where optional helicopter flights to Mitchell Falls launch. This incredible four-tiered waterfall is worth the ride!
King George River, Australia –
Arrive by Zodiac to the impressive King George Falls, West Australia’s highest twin waterfalls considered some of the top waterfalls in the world. These magnificent falls drop 80 meters straight down ancient sandstone cliffs into a dramatic gorge, a sight that makes the King George Falls a highlight of visiting the Kimberley Coast.
Wyndham, Australia –
Wyndham is the oldest and northernmost town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, serving as a key port in the 1886 gold rush. From Wyndham, see the incredible natural sandstone towers of the Bungle Bungle Range from the air, or cruise up the scenic, winding Ord River by local boat. Land at Kununurra, the largest town in the area (population just over 4,500) that is nestled between scenic hills and ranges for which the Kimberley Region is known.
• Meet members of aboriginal groups who are the Kimberley’s traditional landowners
• Traditional welcomes with ochre and farewell smoking ceremony
• Wandjina and Bradshaw rock paintings can be discovered in cliffs, rock ledges and caves
Wildlife Watch List:
• Bottlenose dolphins, humpback dolphins, lemon sharks, hammerhead sharks, tawny nurse sharks, manta rays, eagle rays • Green sea turtles and flatback turtles
• Rock wallabies
• Saltwater crocodiles and freshwater crocodiles, monitor lizards
• Birds of note: Darter, Australian Pelican, Osprey, Black Kites, White-bellied Sea-Eagles, Comb-crested Jacana, Little Corellas, Pied Cormorants, Silver-crowned Friarbird, Whistling Kite, Crimson Finch, Eastern Reef Egrets, Azure Kingfisher, Sacred Kingfisher, Crested Tern, Red-headed Honey-eater
Please note: Expedition highlights and wildlife listed here are possible experiences only and cannot be guaranteed. Your Expedition Leader and Captain will work together to ensure opportunities for adventure and exploration are the best possible, taking into account the prevailing weather, wildlife activity and ice conditions. Expedition Team members scheduled for this voyage are subject to change or cancellation.
Not sure what to wear while onboard? Visit our shop and gear up. We've got layers to keep you dry and warm, breezy wear to keep you covered and cool, and accessories to keep everything packed up and ready to go. So, no matter the weather, you'll be better prepared for your expedition.
Our Gear Shop has an expert outfitting staff and features all the essentials:
Make sure you get all your essentials today. We offer packages or individual items, for your convenience, and recommend you place orders at least 30 days before your embarkation date.