All-Inclusive Alaska with Scenic Train Transfer on Silver Shadow
Convenience. Comfort. Complimentary.
Travel in luxurious comfort & enjoy these exclusive amenities:
- Convenient arrivals and departures from the Anchorage Airport Train Station
- Commentary provided by the train guide
- Silversea staff on board and available to answer questions
- Light refreshments on board (Meals available for purchase)
- Small carry-on bags only are allowed on the train
Guests aboard Silversea Alaska cruises that begin or end in Seward will receive complimentary transfers to/from the Anchorage Airport Train Station via chartered rail service. The 4.5-hour train ride between Seward and Anchorage along the Alaskan Kenai Peninsula is said to be the most scenic in all of Alaska, as it travels through valleys and areas rich with flora and fauna.
From Anchorage to Silver Shadow in Seward
- 10:00am — Check-in begins at the from Anchorage Airport Train Station, where a lounge is available.
- 10:45am — Guests with Silversea transfers from the Silversea Simply Hotel in Anchorage to the Train Station must check-in with Silversea hospitality at the hotel prior to 11:00am.
- 12:30pm — Transfer service begins from the Silversea Simply Hotel in Anchorage to the Train Station for guests returning from Silver Shore Pre-cruise Land Adventures, at Silver Shore hotels and those with pre-purchased Silversea transfers from the Silversea Simply Hotel.
- Luggage is sent directly to the ship to be waiting in guests' suites.
- 1:15pm — Train departs.
- 5:30pm —Train arrives at Seward Cruise Ship Terminal.
From Silver Shadow in Seward to Anchorage
- 7:00am — Check-in begins.
- 8:00am —Train departs.
- 12:30pm — Arrive at the Anchorage Airport.
- Luggage will be sent directly to the Anchorage Airport for guests with flights prior to 5:00pm. For flights departing after 5:00pm and for those participating in our post-cruise Hotel and Land Programmes, luggage will be delivered to the Silversea Simply Hotel in Anchorage.
- Motorcoach transfers between the Silversea Simply Hotel and the Anchorage Airport are provided on the hour from 3-10:00pm.
This complimentary transfer is offered to all guests. There is no need to pre-reserve. The train station stop in Anchorage is the one at the airport. The Silversea train does not stop at the train station within the city of Anchorage. All train timings are subject to change. Private transfers are also available and may be purchased by contacting Silversea Reservations. Guests choosing to purchase a private car or van transfers will not receive a credit for the unused train voucher. Arriving guests cannot embark before 5:30pm unless the Hotel Concierge is advised 21 days prior. Departing guests should not book flights home prior to 4:30pm.