If you cancel your cruise for any reason, instead of losing 100% of the total charges paid for your vacation, you will receive a 100% Rest Assured Cruise Credit (the “Cruise Credit”).
The fee for Rest Assured is 4% of each guest’s Total Holiday Cost when purchased with travel insurance that includes trip cancellation benefits. Proof of travel insurance coverage must be provided at the time of your Rest Assured purchase. If you purchase Rest Assured without travel insurance, the fee is 9% of each guest’s Total Holiday Cost. The Total Holiday Cost includes the cruise fare and any Silversea optional travel programme(s) (including air, pre- and/or post-cruise hotel and land programmes and transfers).
Silversea’s Optional Rest Assured Programme (the “Rest Assured Programme”) is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Term & Conditions
- The Rest Assured Programme is available on most Silversea voyages with the exception of a Silversea World Cruise or any World Cruise segment voyage.
- The Rest Assured Programme must be added at the time of booking and must be paid for in full at the time of deposit.
- The fee for the Rest Assured Programme is refundable only on bookings cancelled at least 121 days prior to departure.
- The Cruise Credit does not include the Rest Assured Programme fee or the Silversea GuestCare plan cost (if applicable).
- Cancellations will only be accepted 1 – 120 days prior to cruise departure and at least 24 hours prior to sailing. “No Shows” forfeit the Cruise Credit. The booking must be paid in full at the time of cancellation, and the entire booking must be cancelled. In a multi-guest booking, should only one guest cancel, they will not be eligible to receive the Cruise Credit.
- If the Cruise Credit is elected from 120 to 31 days prior to cruise departure, the Cruise Credit will be issued in the amount of total charges paid, regardless of the normal applicable penalty percentage at the time of cancellation.
- Silversea’s standard cancellation policy terms remain in effect for any bookings cancelled 121 days or more prior to departure.
- The Rest Assured Programme is not insurance and is separate from Silversea GuestCare. Guests who are insured under Silversea GuestCare or another travel insurance product and who have paid the 4% of Total Holiday Cost for the Rest Assured Programme must provide a copy of the denial letter received from their insurance provider in order to apply for the Cruise Credit.
- The Rest Assured Programme is not combinable with any other cancellation payments made through Silversea GuestCare or another travel insurance provider. If a guest is able to recover the cruise cancellation payment through an insurance provider then the guest will forfeit the Cruise Credit.
- The Cruise Credit is valid for travel within 12 months from the date of the cancelled voyage and will be issued in accordance with the cancelled booking as either air/sea or cruise-only, and will be applied after any other savings incentives are applied (i.e. Silver Sailings and Venetian Society).
- The Cruise Credit must be applied toward a Silversea cruise and cannot be applied towards port charges, government fees and taxes, or the purchase of air upgrades, deviations or concierge fees, hotel and land programmes,shore excursions,or transfers.
- The Cruise Credit has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable.
- The Cruise Credit cannot be used in conjunction with non-combinable offers.
- Previously issued Silversea cruise credits or shipboard credits will not be included in the Cruise Credit but will be returned to guests for their future use and will be subject to the credit’s original terms and conditions. If the original credit’s expiration date is earlier than that of the Cruise Credit, a new cruise credit or shipboard credit will be issued to correspond with the expiration date of the Cruise Credit.
- The Rest Assured Programme is subject to change or withdrawal at any time without notice.
- The Rest Assured Programme is not available to guests booking a Silversea voyage using a Cruise Credit, unless the total value of the voyage exceeds the Cruise Credit in which case the Rest Assured Programme will only be offered on the portion of the total charges which exceeds the Cruise Credit.
- If cancellation is made on travel booked using a Cruise Credit, the value of the Cruise Credit will be subject to Silversea’s standard cancellation policy terms. Any residual Cruise Credit balance may be applied to a future voyage that embarks during the original twelve month period. Under no circumstances will any outstanding Cruise Credit be available for use after the original twelve month period has ended.
Please note: The Rest Assured Programme is separate from Silversea GuestCare which is designed and administered by BerkelyCareSM. Silversea GuestCare is an optional travel protection programme that includes benefits for trip cancellation and interruption, trip delay, accident and sickness medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, baggage and personal effects, baggage delay, and traveller’s assistance. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply – please review the Silversea GuestCare Description of Coverage pamphlet.