Find a Port

search more

Nikolskoe,

silversea far east cruise nikolskoe russian federation

Located just over 100 nautical miles off the coast of Kamchatka, the Komandorski or Commander Islands are named after Vitus Bering who as a commander had been commissioned by the Russian Tsar to search for a land bridge between Asia and America. Nikolskoye is a settlement of around 750 inhabitants established in 1826 by fur traders. This fishing village on Bering Island has colorful buildings and an Orthodox Church – one of Russia’s newest and one of the eastern-most. It has a small museum about the Aleut people and their culture, which also contains much information on Bering, as well as the bones of a Steller’s sea cow.

Nikolskoe,

Nikolskoe,