Silversea Expeditions offers a series of Scuba Diving Expedition voyages to fully explore the remote destinations we visit, both on land and underwater. Together with our Expedition Team and Dive Masters, we will offer experienced divers the opportunity to see the top diving sites of Asia Pacific and the South Pacific.
Silver Discoverer, the latest addition to the Silversea Expeditions fleet, features a series of scuba-diving opportunities on select voyages in 2015 and 2016, offering experienced divers the opportunity to see Asia Pacific and the South Pacific’s top diving sites. You will visit such regions as the Solomon Islands, the Palau archipelago and the Marquesas islands, which have been celebrated as some of the world’s most spectacular diving hotspots, featuring blue holes, hidden caves and tunnels, and an astonishing spectrum of coral fish and rare sea creatures.
The Silversea Expeditions Team has carefully crafted these unique itineraries to provide you with the most awe-inspiring deep sea adventures in the Southern Hemisphere. In addition, aboard Silver Discoverer, a team of experts which includes marine biologists, environmentalists, ecologists and geologists will be on hand to share their extensive knowledge of the region.
- Combine the thrill of shore and underwater exploration
- Scuba diving*, Zodiac® tours and land explorations
- Explore remote atolls and mesmerising underwaters of Indonesia, Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia
Scuba Diving aboard Silver Discoverer:
- The programme is complimentary; however, space is limited and we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment
- The dive sites are in some of the most exotic and pristine waters in the world. The exact days and dive locations will be determined by tides and local conditions. The notification of the locations will be announced onboard The number of dives per voyage will be determined during the cruise by the Dive Masters on board. We try to dive, when possible, at least once and often twice per day. No diving will take place on the last day of the voyage (if guests are flying the next day)
- Generally dives are never deeper than 20 to 25 meters to allow for longer dives. Often, dives are at 15 to 20 meters depth
Silver Discoverer Scuba Diving requirements:
- In order to participate in the SCUBA programme onboard Silver Discoverer, guests must hold:
- An Advanced Open Water Dive License or equivalent from an accredited Certification Agency
- Certification must be active and logbooks must show evidence that each guest has been diving within 12 months prior to the voyage
- As the diving will be in remote destinations, guests must obtain Medical Dive Travel Insurance for evacuation, medical treatment and repatriation
- Guests must bring their own BCD vests and regulators. Silversea will provide the weight belts, tanks, masks and fins free of charge onboard Silver Discoverer
- When booking, the below documents need to be sent to Shoreconcierge@silversea.com. When all of your qualifications have been received and verified, we will send you a notification and add you to the programme
- A completed Silversea SCUBA Form from our Reservation Department
- A copy of your Dive Certification License
- Medical Dive Travel Insurance
Join Silversea Expeditions, with the Expedition Team and Dive Masters, to see this scuba diver’s paradise from a unique perspective: an experience like no other, and one that will stay with you long after you’ve returned home… but hurry, as space is limited.
Meet the Expedition Team
Robert Marc Lehmann
Marine Biologist & Scientific Diver