Silversea is the defining name in luxurious cruise travel, distinguished in the ultra-luxury market by its elegant, all-suite ships, all-inclusive pricing, worldwide itineraries and genuine hospitality.
Silversea is proud of their reputation as the "World's Best*" cruise line and seeks individuals who take personal pride in their work to join their award-winning staff. Silversea understands that their employees are their greatest asset and are committed to investing their resources in recruiting the very best.
More than 240 shoreside employees in Silversea's Fort Lauderdale, London, Monte Carlo, Sydney and Singapore and Guayaquil offices work together with a staff of 1,600 aboard Silversea's fleet of six ships to provide guests with unique and unforgettable travel experiences around the world. Silversea believes in investing in their employees. By providing a competitive benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and professional development, Silversea has retained a staff with a strong work ethic and a commitment to personal achievement and corporate success.
If you would like to work for one of the most respected organisations in the travel industry, "World's best cruise line”* Silversea invites you to explore their current career opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: V.Ships Leisure SAM is the ONLY crew management agency for Silversea Cruises. The ONLY authentic emails regarding Silversea employment will show as having been sent from an @Silversea.com or @vships.com email address.
* Voted "World's Best" by the readers of Travel + Leisure for seven years.
Description: Silversea Cruises seeks a talented expedition cruise sales expert. Reporting directly to the VP, Field Sales – US & Canada, with a functional report to the Managing Director, Silversea Expeditions, this position is responsible for the revenue performance of the Silversea Expedition segment (fleet) through the sales development and management of a national portfolio of accounts within the geographical region of the Eastern US and Canada.
This position will be remote or Miami –office based, and will require up to 80% travel. The candidate must reside within the east coast.
Job Title: Director, Expedition Sales – Eastern US & Canada Department: Field Sales – Americas Reports to: VP, Field Sales – US & Canada
• Conduct regular in person sales calls on a pre-planned weekly and monthly basis.
• Define on a quarterly basis the following 2 quarters sales call calendar and submit it to the MD of Silversea Expeditions and to the VP – Field Sales- US & Canada for approval.
• Keep track of each single sales call and report in the database any feedback of the agencies.
• On a monthly basis calculate the ROI of each sales call versus target.
• Maintain the database travel agents specialized in expedition and proactively complement it with new players.
• Provide strategic account development and management to all nationally designated accounts within the assigned markets in order to increase revenue performance of the Expedition segment.
• To deliver revenue targets for the assigned portfolio of accounts through strategic and tactical efforts including but not limited to, contract negotiation and implementation, account support and service and the responsible management of all facets of agency point of sale and incentive programs.
• Partner, support and work closely with the Global Expedition Team in the execution of expedition product awareness and education through the TA channel.
• Ensure sales target achievement simultaneously adhering to and compiling to the established budget.
• Assist and lead in new commercial development of the Expedition segment for the regional Field Sales team.
• Closely coordinate and liaise with Global Expedition Team, Global and Regional Marketing, Revenue Management, Hotel/Land/Air Operations, Guest Relations and other key areas to maximize revenue, driving efficiencies for the company to maximize sales.
• Analytically research and compile information for projects as necessary.
• Expand Silversea Expeditions product and brand awareness to the travel agent community in the region or as requested.
• Make public presentations at trade shows, cruise events, seminars, ship functions, and other events to promote product.
• Initiate, develop and grow trade relationships with all accounts in the region.
• Consistently inform Silversea management of marketplace conditions and competitive environment.
• Assist and develop Travel Agent account growth with supporting marketing opportunities, i.e. direct mail and electronic media primarily in tandem with the dedicated segment focused Regional Marketing team (Americas) and broadly with Global Marketing (Monaco).
• Account for all travel and entertainment expenses, adhering to and complying with Silversea’s Travel & Entertainment Policy.
• Maintain control of a co-op budget to include advising management of future commitments as well as submitting co-op agreements for payment in a timely manner.
• Increase affinity and promotional group bookings for the Expedition segment.
• Increase FIT bookings for the Expedition segment
• Other business-related duties as instructed by management.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent professional experience.
Years of experience:
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in a travel related discipline.
• Preferred experience with expedition product.
Essential qualifications and skills:
• Highly organized, self-motivated and capable of working with minimal day-to-day direction.
• Proven ability to achieve sales goals.
• Strong understanding of the luxury and/or expedition travel market.
• Proven supervisory experience with all levels of staff.
• Strong leadership, management and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to tactfully deal with internal and external contacts both domestic and international.
• Must possess a positive, team-player attitude
• Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
This position is responsible for selling Silversea cruises and related optional products while providing information and courteous service in response to telephone and written inquiries.
Job Title: Agent, Reservations Department: Reservations Reports to: Director, Reservations
• Sell cruises to various destinations along with optional programs such as air, land, hotel, insurance, etc.
• Service incoming phone calls in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
• Consistently demonstrate a friendly and patient attitude through proper phone etiquette and positive voice inflection.
• Provide information to callers about Silversea ships, destinations, itineraries and policies.
• Communicate cruise related requests to the appropriate department (i.e. Silver Sky, Hotel Department, Res Help Desk, Special Services, Documentation).
• Monitor the Confirmation Mailbox to ensure guest confirmations are successfully transmitted; resolve any problems.
• Review and distribute incoming department emails and faxes to the appropriate administrative area.
• Assist with call-out projects such as itinerary changes, missing Guest Information Forms and cancelled shore excursions as assigned by Reservation Supervisor and Lead Agents.
• Assist Administrative Departments with various projects.
• Assist with proofing of atlas and itineraries.
• Research and respond to travel agent requests by phone or email.
• Assist with Latin America mailbox as assigned by Reservation Supervisor.
• Assist callers in resolving minor problems pertaining to new and existing bookings.
• Assist callers with questions related to My Silversea and website while helping resolve any issues.
• Other business-related duties as instructed by the Reservation Supervisor.
• High School Diploma Required.
Years of experience:
• 1-2 years travel industry experience, preferably in cruise reservation sales.
Essential qualifications and skills:
• Good computer and telephone skills.
• Good written communication skills.
• Strong verbal and sales skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to answer calls in a timely and professional manner and deliver the high-quality service that is required of a Silversea representative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to tactfully deal with difficult travel agents and guests.
• Must possess a courteous, positive, team-player attitude.
• Must be able to provide knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient service.
• Responsible for maintaining thorough knowledge of product, policies and procedures.
• Good organizational skills.