Silversea is the defining name in luxurious cruise travel, distinguished in the ultra-luxury market by its elegant, all-suite ships, all-inclusive pricing, worldwide itineraries and genuine hospitality.
Silversea is proud of their reputation as the "World's Best*" cruise line and seeks individuals who take personal pride in their work to join their award-winning staff. Silversea understands that their employees are their greatest asset and are committed to investing their resources in recruiting the very best.
More than 240 shoreside employees in Silversea's Fort Lauderdale, London, Monte Carlo, Sydney and Singapore and Guayaquil offices work together with a staff of 1,600 aboard Silversea's fleet of six ships to provide guests with unique and unforgettable travel experiences around the world. Silversea believes in investing in their employees. By providing a competitive benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and professional development, Silversea has retained a staff with a strong work ethic and a commitment to personal achievement and corporate success.
If you would like to work for one of the most respected organisations in the travel industry, "World's best cruise line”* Silversea invites you to explore their current career opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: V.Ships Leisure SAM is the ONLY crew management agency for Silversea Cruises. The ONLY authentic emails regarding Silversea employment will show as having been sent from an @Silversea.com or @vships.com email address.
* Voted "World's Best" by the readers of Travel + Leisure for seven years.
Together with a global Marketing team of 4-6 experts in Global brand management and equity, the Content Manager, together with the Marketing Manager Equity & Content, creates, implements and oversees communications and programs that effectively describe and promote Silversea’s offer externally. The incumbent is the expert that will coordinate the preparation of all main global marketing content, including main brochures, destination-specific materials, website, etc.
Create, develop and manage content for organization’s offline materials: main brochures, specific-destination materials, leaflets, promotional documents, etc. – responsible for transforming ideas into words - Creating and presenting storyboards of ideas
Primary focus : content development for brand, website, print, inbound and outbound marketing projects
Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software) and all other promotion documents
Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all offline and online materials
Work with a cross-departmental team, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all properties
Copyedit and proofread all content
Oversee freelancers, including writers, copyeditors and community outreach organizers
Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
Assure all information is archived for future needs and reference
Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
Create persuasive writing to promote and enhance the sale - various prints or broadcast materials, brochures, mail campaigns, speeches, and other publicity materials
Meet with professional and specialised agencies about which visual elements to incorporate with the copy and consult on style and copy length
Job Requirements and/or Qualifications expected
Mother tongue : English – high level linguistic skills
Bachelor’s degree in English linguistics, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
Exceptional written and oral communication and organizational skills, with ability to adapt style to suit different communications media and audiences – touristic language content well known
Ability to write in a variety of styles and for diverse audiences
Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
3-6 years’ experience managing content and production for high traffic websites, combined with offline experience in communication and journalism
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, and willingness to ‘pitch in’ as required in a small organisation.
Background : experience in a Communication agency or in a company, with strong previous experience in holidays/ tourism/ similar fields
Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (Drupal, Convio, Kintera, etc.)
Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
Basic understanding of, and willingness to learn about, often complex new technological developments
Willingness to work outside normal office hours and to be on call as required during evenings and weekends to handle media enquiries.
Enthusiasm for new opportunities presented by blogging and social media
Creative and innovative approach to communications and branding
Experience of web content management systems
Passion, Integrity and Energy!
Sense of humour!
Measure of performance:
Develop marketing communications collaterals
Input into developing and executing our external marketing communication, to maximise brand awareness and the promotion of Silversea. This will include being responsible (in conjunction with Marketing Managers) for:
Digital communications including website and social media
Undertake identified personal training / development with the prior approval of the Marketing Manager
Remain abreast of current industry related trends, practices and disciplines and undertake regular updates in competency training
Keep up-to-date and demonstrate awareness of relevant legislation and best practice
This position reports to Silversea’s Legal Vice President based in North America. The main responsibility of this position is to provide legal support to personnel in Silversea’s European offices. Duties include: KYC coordination, contract drafting, contract negotiation, regulatory review and analysis, general risk management.
Key Responsibilities: (please describe main activities of the role, essential job functions, duties and responsibilities)
To coordinate and complete KYC formalities
To review, draft and negotiate agreements with third parties
To provide regulatory advice to ensure that the European offices are operating in accordance local laws.
To work with and in Silversea’s contract database management system
To fully support the Vice President, Legal Affairs in the activities of the legal department as required
To take on other assignments as directed by the Vice President, Legal Affairs
Job Requirements and/or Qualifications expected (education degrees, years of experience, essential qualifications and skills)
Law Degree from a highly accredited law school
Member in good standing with the UK, Monaco and French bars
5-8 years of legal experience, including in-house corporate counsel.
The individual should have knowledge and experience with European Passenger Travel Regulations and European data protection laws as well as European bribery and anti-corruption laws.
Ability to build strong trusted working relationships with internal and external business customers and executive legal management; and successfully balancing interests while maintaining a good legal and fiscal position for the company.
Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills.
Highly-developed organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment.
A high level of integrity, professionalism, and strong attention to detail
Candidate must speak English (mother tongue or outstanding proficiency level), Italian (a plus) and French (a plus)
Should you wish to apply, please send your application documents to our Human Resources Manager in Monaco – Geraldine Charavel – Geraldinec@silversea.com
Description: This position is responsible for solving problems, providing sales promotion, information, and courteous service in response to telephone and written inquiries from travel agents. The Account Executive also provides administrative and clerical support to the Director, Sales Support and to the Area Sales Directors.
Job Title: Account Executive, Sales Support
Department: North America Inside Sales
Reports to Director, Sales Support
· Assist ASD’s and RSD’s with tracking and managing brochure orders, concessions, expense reports, co-op’s, marketing request forms, cruise travel requests.
· AE’s may need to place brochure orders or submit concessions or co-ops on behalf of the field sales staff.
· Provide information, solve problems and service incoming phone calls in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
· Engage in sales promotion and telemarketing activities to push soft sailings and advise agents of special promotions or product enhancements.
· Function as liaison between the travel agent and internal departments.
· Process travel agent reduced-rate requests.
· Process co-op advertising and other check requests.
· Call expiring options on a daily basis.
· Order brochures and collateral for agency replenishment and trade shows.
· Update travel agency master files and consortium information in the computer system.
· Review, research, and provide prompt and professional response to all correspondence directed to the department.
· Maintain travel agent hard-copy files.
· Prepare and distribute packages of correspondence and paperwork to the field sales staff as required.
· Participate in trade shows or social functions to promote product.
· Participate in-port ship functions in the U.S., Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean as required.
· Other business-related duties as instructed by supervisor.
Education: Associate’s degree
Years of experience: One to two years’ working in customer service or sales
Essential qualifications and skills:
· Ability to answer calls in a timely and professional manner and deliver the high-quality service that is required of a Silversea representative.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to tactfully deal with internal and external contacts.
· Must possess a positive, team-player attitude
Proficiency with Word, Excel and inventory management software systems.
Overview of Role:
The Website Coordinator will be responsible for the entire management of the Company’s website (Multilanguage website – 8 languages moving forward) in coordination with external web agencies and Silversea’s internal departments (e.g.: IT, Sales, Marketing, etc).
Management and implementation of website required developments, maintenance and evolutions
Troubleshoots website operations, tracking site usage statistics and monitoring website performances
Identification and implementation of website UX improvements in order to maximize website performance in terms of visits to leads conversion rates
Production of applications and related webpages (landing pages, microsites, ets) to support digital advertising activities
Coordination of website content updates including the preparation of elements/graphic images;
Monitoring and evaluation of web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop, recommend and execute SEO strategies
BS in computer science or related field preferred
Years of experience:
3-5 years of experience as a Web Developer (E-Commerce knowledge as a plus)
Essential qualifications, experience and and skills:
General experience :
Travel/Luxury experience as a plus
Multimarkets organization experience as a plus
English proficient is a must – communication written and spoken will be in English only
Technical software requirements :
PHP – SQL (Basic knowledge)
Photoshop (Media Optimization)
CDN Hosting AKAMAI (basic knowledge)
Experienced in SEO and CRO
SEO TOOLS : SEO Moz, SEM Rush
CRO TOOLS : Optimizely UnBounce
Google Analytics – WebmasterTools – SeoMoz or Majestic SEO
Strong proficiency in WordPress – WPML
Familiar with network protocols and client/server paradigms
Proficient in industry standard website development IDEs, applications, and software
Description: Silversea Cruises seeks a talented expedition cruise sales expert. Reporting directly to the VP, Field Sales – US & Canada, with a functional report to the Managing Director, Silversea Expeditions, this position is responsible for the revenue performance of the Silversea Expedition segment (fleet) through the sales development and management of a national portfolio of accounts within the geographical region of the Eastern US and Canada.
This position will be remote or Miami –office based, and will require up to 80% travel. The candidate must reside within the east coast.
Job Title: Director, Expedition Sales – Eastern US & Canada Department: Field Sales – Americas Reports to: VP, Field Sales – US & Canada
• Conduct regular in person sales calls on a pre-planned weekly and monthly basis.
• Define on a quarterly basis the following 2 quarters sales call calendar and submit it to the MD of Silversea Expeditions and to the VP – Field Sales- US & Canada for approval.
• Keep track of each single sales call and report in the database any feedback of the agencies.
• On a monthly basis calculate the ROI of each sales call versus target.
• Maintain the database travel agents specialized in expedition and proactively complement it with new players.
• Provide strategic account development and management to all nationally designated accounts within the assigned markets in order to increase revenue performance of the Expedition segment.
• To deliver revenue targets for the assigned portfolio of accounts through strategic and tactical efforts including but not limited to, contract negotiation and implementation, account support and service and the responsible management of all facets of agency point of sale and incentive programs.
• Partner, support and work closely with the Global Expedition Team in the execution of expedition product awareness and education through the TA channel.
• Ensure sales target achievement simultaneously adhering to and compiling to the established budget.
• Assist and lead in new commercial development of the Expedition segment for the regional Field Sales team.
• Closely coordinate and liaise with Global Expedition Team, Global and Regional Marketing, Revenue Management, Hotel/Land/Air Operations, Guest Relations and other key areas to maximize revenue, driving efficiencies for the company to maximize sales.
• Analytically research and compile information for projects as necessary.
• Expand Silversea Expeditions product and brand awareness to the travel agent community in the region or as requested.
• Make public presentations at trade shows, cruise events, seminars, ship functions, and other events to promote product.
• Initiate, develop and grow trade relationships with all accounts in the region.
• Consistently inform Silversea management of marketplace conditions and competitive environment.
• Assist and develop Travel Agent account growth with supporting marketing opportunities, i.e. direct mail and electronic media primarily in tandem with the dedicated segment focused Regional Marketing team (Americas) and broadly with Global Marketing (Monaco).
• Account for all travel and entertainment expenses, adhering to and complying with Silversea’s Travel & Entertainment Policy.
• Maintain control of a co-op budget to include advising management of future commitments as well as submitting co-op agreements for payment in a timely manner.
• Increase affinity and promotional group bookings for the Expedition segment.
• Increase FIT bookings for the Expedition segment
• Other business-related duties as instructed by management.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent professional experience.
Years of experience:
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in a travel related discipline.
• Preferred experience with expedition product.
Essential qualifications and skills:
• Highly organized, self-motivated and capable of working with minimal day-to-day direction.
• Proven ability to achieve sales goals.
• Strong understanding of the luxury and/or expedition travel market.
• Proven supervisory experience with all levels of staff.
• Strong leadership, management and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to tactfully deal with internal and external contacts both domestic and international.
• Must possess a positive, team-player attitude
• Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Position is responsible for selling Silversea cruises and related shore side products and services to the consumer, via inbound and outbound telephone sales activities. Utilize web and other lead and inquiry sources to generate sales and grow long-term customer relationships. Develop customer relations by initiating calls, emails or other types of contacts to consumers, recommending appropriate voyage and vacation packages. Work directly with the consumers to provide a personalized luxury customer service experience. Work within the global sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term sales goals in line with company vision and values.
• Sell Silversea cruises and related shore side products and services, using inbound and outbound consumer contacts.
• Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and optimize long-term customer value.
• Employ technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas to give effective presentation of Silversea products and services.
• Meet assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual targets.
• Manage a high volume sales-focused workload, meet productivity goals, and optimize the selling process through pro-active customer contact.
• Communicate and interact effectively with decision makers, at all levels internally and externally.
• Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale; service existing cruise bookings booked direct, and exercise upsell opportunities throughout the life of the customer relationship.
• Sell consultatively, using active listening skills, and make recommendations to prospects and clients.
• Help to develop a database of qualified leads and inquiries through referrals, direct mail, email, and networking.
• Quickly apply new skills and multi-task to achieve peak levels of performance.
• Assist in departmental sales efforts to move soft sailings and last minute inventory.
• Maintain accurate records of all clients and potential clients, utilizing company-supported technology tools and processes.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High School Diploma Required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Years of experience:
• 5+ years in selling travel.
Essential qualifications and skills:
• Work in the travel or hospitality background (luxury brand a plus)
• Proven ability to achieve results and work well under pressure.
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and CRM tools.
This position is responsible for selling Silversea cruises and related optional products while providing information and courteous service in response to telephone and written inquiries.
Job Title: Agent, Reservations Department: Reservations Reports to: Director, Reservations
• Sell cruises to various destinations along with optional programs such as air, land, hotel, insurance, etc.
• Service incoming phone calls in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
• Consistently demonstrate a friendly and patient attitude through proper phone etiquette and positive voice inflection.
• Provide information to callers about Silversea ships, destinations, itineraries and policies.
• Communicate cruise related requests to the appropriate department (i.e. Silver Sky, Hotel Department, Res Help Desk, Special Services, Documentation).
• Monitor the Confirmation Mailbox to ensure guest confirmations are successfully transmitted; resolve any problems.
• Review and distribute incoming department emails and faxes to the appropriate administrative area.
• Assist with call-out projects such as itinerary changes, missing Guest Information Forms and cancelled shore excursions as assigned by Reservation Supervisor and Lead Agents.
• Assist Administrative Departments with various projects.
• Assist with proofing of atlas and itineraries.
• Research and respond to travel agent requests by phone or email.
• Assist with Latin America mailbox as assigned by Reservation Supervisor.
• Assist callers in resolving minor problems pertaining to new and existing bookings.
• Assist callers with questions related to My Silversea and website while helping resolve any issues.
• Other business-related duties as instructed by the Reservation Supervisor.
• High School Diploma Required.
Years of experience:
• 1-2 years travel industry experience, preferably in cruise reservation sales.
Essential qualifications and skills:
• Good computer and telephone skills.
• Good written communication skills.
• Strong verbal and sales skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to answer calls in a timely and professional manner and deliver the high-quality service that is required of a Silversea representative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to tactfully deal with difficult travel agents and guests.
• Must possess a courteous, positive, team-player attitude.
• Must be able to provide knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient service.
• Responsible for maintaining thorough knowledge of product, policies and procedures.
• Good organizational skills.
The Account Executive represents Silversea Cruises within the Corporate, Meetings, and Incentive markets. The Account Executive’s primary responsibility is to assist with the “sales” of all corporate and incentive events. The Account Executive works closely with the Vice President and Sales Directors to support the overall sales effort. This includes the preparation of proposals and contracts as well as the management of these documents in the Business Database and Legal System.
Job Title: Corporate & Incentive Account Executive, Sales Department: Corporate & Incentive Sales Reports to: Vice President of Corporate & Incentive Sales
• Accountable for providing sales support for corporate, incentive and charter programs.
• Works closely with Sales Directors to address pre-sale needs.
• Processing new sales leads.
• Managing the correspondence between the sales team and their clients.
• Monitoring customer accounts.
• Providing data and reports to help the sales team.
• Keeping track of sales targets.
• Answering phone calls.
• Scheduling diaries.
• Helps to issue proposals and enter details in the Business Database.
• Works with Sales Director to schedule sales calls and other business travel.
• Works closely with internal partners to facilitate the sales process.
• Assist Sales Directors in preparing the draft contract and submitting it in the Legal System.
• Monitor proposals and revise data in the Business Database as needed.
• Monitor proposal option dates and conduct follow up calls to assess status.
• Conduct occasional site inspection tours of the vessel.
• Read trade publications, attend seminars, and consult with other meeting professionals to keep abreast of meeting management standards and trends.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
Years of experience:
• Must have a minimum 5 years in the Travel/Hospitality Industry with sales support background preferred.
Essential qualifications and skills:
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Able to communicate with clients and internal management.
• Capable to conduct travel.
• Problem solving / analytical skills.
• Project completion.
• Computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows Based Programs.